Since the day we launched, the media has been responding to Art in Ad Places. Here's a selection of that coverage:
- An article on Hyperallergic revealed the project to the world, along with photos of our first installation (by Adam Wallacavage).
- Hyperallergic's article was picked up by Artforum.
- A mention in Adweek was an interesting surprise. Still not quite sure what the advertising industry thinks of the project.
- Our co-curators spoke with Widewalls about what Art in Ad Places aims to do, and how things have been going so far.
- They also spoke with Tom Power on CBC's q radio program about trying to bring beauty and an attitude of giving back into to public space.
- Philadelphia's StreetsDept noticed that quite a few Art in Ad Places artists (and both co-curators) have strong ties to Philly (a city with a rich community of ad-busting artists).